The 2012 Next Generation Indie Book Awards is open to all indie book authors and publishers including independent publishers (small, medium or otherwise), university presses, self-published authors, e-book authors, seasoned authors and even first time authors in the U.S., Canada or internationally who have a book written in English and published in 2011 or 2012 or with a 2011 or 2012 copyright date.
Finalists and Winners receive cash prizes as well as:
- A listing in the 2012 Next Generation Indie Book Awards Catalog which will be distributed to thousands of book buyers, media, and others!
- Exposure for a full year as a Winner or Finalist at www.IndieBookAwards.com. View a list of 2010 Winners and Finalists.
- An invitation to attend the gala awards ceremony at the world famous Plaza Hotel in New York City.
- The opportunity to display Finalist or Winner gold award stickers on your book.
- Other benefits of an award-winning book (such as potential increased revenue).
PLUS, the top 60 books will be reviewed by New York literary agent Marilyn Allen of Allen O’Shea Literary Agency or one of Ms. Allen’s co-agents for possible representation in areas such as distribution, foreign rights, film rights, and other rights (unless an entrant prefers not to have the book forwarded to an agent). Ms. Allen has over 25 years of sales and marketing experience, including serving as Senior Vice President, Associate Publisher, and Director of Marketing for Harper Collins and directing sales and marketing teams for Simon & Schuster, Penguin Books and Avon Books. Ms. Allen has had the pleasure of working with many best-selling authors including Stephen King, Ken Follett, Barbara Kingsolver, John Gray, Mary Higgins Clark, and many more.