Are you a blogger and writer? What sets your soul on fire?
SpecFicNZ is seeking non-fiction articles about blogging for our newsletter, The SpecFicNZ Voice.
Articles should be no longer than 1,000 words and should be appropriate to the topic “Blogging″. Articles can be reprints or drawn from a blog post, but must be original work authored by you that you currently retain rights to. You may also resubmit articles that have been submitted to us before but weren’t selected at that time.
While the topic of blogging is varied, we’re looking for articles as it pertains to a writing focus. Maybe you’d like to tell us about:
- How to balance blogging versus writing
- Public diary versus promotional tool
- The free blogging sites available for use, their pros and cons, and accessibility for blogging newbies
- Blogging success (eg: viral posts, increased readers for your fiction, blogging stats, advertising)
- How to retain a unique blogging focus (eg: kiwi fiction; your writing interests)
- How you promoted your blog
- An overview of the most successful or interesting blogs by writers or about writing
SpecFicNZ may purchase articles at the rate of $NZ25 for the newsletter or website.
To submit, e-mail your article in the body of an e-mail with the subject line ‘Submissions Article’ and your last name. The e-mail should also include your personal details and contact information. Please send your submission to specficnz(at)gmail(dot)com.
Submission period for SpecFicNZ members is open until December 1st, 2012. After that time, submissions may be opened up to the general public depending on membership response.
Bring it on!