Writers Bloc and rip publishing are teaming up for a one-off publishing experiment. They’re hoping to turn very short stories into hundreds of zines in a day and sell them at a Canberra literary festival, and they’d love you to be part of it.
Not in Canberra, no worries! They’re asking writing groups, collectives and solo superstars to be part of DIY in a Day, wherever they are.
1. Saturday 22nd of March is a planned #WriteHere event. They’ll have them in most capital cities, so check out the forum to see if there is one in your area. If not, why not organise a space, some friends to come along and get some writing done. Register your groups here: http://thewritersbloc.
2. Stories are to be around 100 words (200 max) and sent to firstname.lastname@example.org by Sunday March 23 at 10am. You can send in multiple stories if you like.
3. Writers/Artists/Vagabonds in Canberra will then turn your writing in a zine. They’ll sell them for you (you get the cash!) and send you a copy of your own.
4. After all the zines have been made, they will be put into a chapbook.
5. If you’re keen to have a go at making your own zine ahead of time, let them know and they’ll put them on show on the day.
For more event info: