Have you seen our other post about the SpecFicNZ Online Catalogue? Click here to take a look!
To process the data gathered for this catalogue, SpecFicNZ seeks to employ one of its members as a Digital Librarian to construct a catalogue system for comprehensive listing of our authors and their books.
Initially we are calling for bids to complete a total of 100 page listings within the next two weeks, using data from the two Google Forms for Authors and Books.
This is a PAID opportunity based on work delivered (not hourly rates).
The applicant should meet the following criteria:
– Be a member.
– Know how to use WordPress to set up a sophisticated and searchable catalogue system with tags and filters on a subdomain of specfic.nz.
– Be able to transfer information and images gathered via Google Forms into an attractive format for web pages, and make it easy for site visitors to find books according to release date, genre, and other search criteria.
– Set up interlinked author pages and book pages (author pages will list the author’s books with cover images; book pages will link back to author pages) and the ability to browse by tags and topics as entered in the forms.
– Ideally be available to start immediately.
– Able to manage a large project in the long term, to include further tasks as we fill out our catalogue, add new releases regularly, create a regular newsletter of new releases (possibly a quarterly task after initial setup, depending on demand), curate a mailing list of schools, libraries, media, and individuals to target this newsletter, provide considerations for possible automation of page creation, and train future new catalogue team members to assist or take over if you wish to stop.
– Depending on applications, we may also look at dividing the initial task amongst a team.
We are not yet certain how many pages will be required to cover all of our current members and their books, before switching to the regular addition of new releases. As you can see, it’s very open-ended!
Sound like you? Please drop us a note that outlines your level of experience, and name your bid cost, a price for which you would complete the first 100 pages of the catalogue (a mixture of book and author pages). Please also outline how you plan to set up the catalogue in practical terms.
Due to possible task sharing and ongoing work, please also provide your bid cost for creating a single page (author or book type) which we can multiply by the total number of pages you complete.
We will consider the applications with the bid costs and get back to you as soon as we can, because it’s time to get this started. We look forward to working together!
Send all bids and queries to email@example.com