Skip to content
These are our goals as an organization.
- We are committed to cultivating a supportive, connected community of creators, writers, editors and publishers of speculative fiction in and from New Zealand.
- We intend to provide accurate, helpful and current information and resources for the New Zealand speculative fiction community through our website, newsletter and SpecFicNZ sponsored events.
- We seek to advance New Zealand speculative fiction creators, writers, editors and publishers toward higher levels of professionalism, whether they are newly emerging or well-established in their careers.
- We are determined to raise the public and publishable profile of the speculative fiction genre in New Zealand.
- We hope to partner with, promote, and nurture existing New Zealand speculative fiction publications and publishers, and involve ourselves in the establishment of new ones.
- We want to foster a climate of justice and equality, assuring that all those involved in the New Zealand speculative fiction industry work together ethically and fairly to further our genre.
- We endeavor to run our organization in an above-board, open, and honest manner, leading ethically, respecting diversity, and treating our members as the valuable creative resources they are.