SpecFicNZ is run by a committee annually nominated and elected by its membership, according to our Society constitution.
Requirements to be nominated and serve on the SpecFicNZ Core Governing Committee are as follows:
1. You must be a natural person. Corporations, societies, and other organizations cannot hold a committee position.
2. You must be a current member of SpecFicNZ and continue to be a paid member in the year you intend to serve.
3. You must consent to your nomination and committee appointment. Someone else can nominate you, but you must agree to that nomination and the subsequent committee position, should you gain it.
4. You must have access to a computer with internet/live chat capabilities, preferably in your home. This is because committee members are often located throughout New Zealand but must still “meet” once a month for discussion, decision making, and voting.
5. You must be committed and able to meet once a month for 90 minutes via an internet meeting (occasionally more often if the committee deems it necessary). This entails carving out uninterrupted, focused, computer time and space in your home for these meetings.
6. You must have the ability and commitment to follow through on positional and occasional extra assigned tasks. In other words, you have to be able and willing to do stuff.
7. You must have the ability to work in a group, listen, think critically, form an educated opinion, and vote on it.
8. You must have a passion for the objects and mission of SpecFicNZ. If you don’t know what these are, you can find out HERE.