You’ve probably heard of Nanowrimo, also known as National Novel Writing Month, but have you heard of the Southern Hemisphere equivalent?
Meet SocNoc or The Southern Cross Novel Challenge sponsored by Kiwi Writers.
The Southern Cross Novel Challenge (SoCNoC, pronounced “sock-nock”) held in June, with a long weekend and wintry weather, is NaNoWriMo for the Southern Hemisphere.
The goal is to write 50,000 words of fiction.
Generally the rules of NaNoWriMo apply but we’re a bit more flexible:
– the 50,000 words does not have to be on one novel
– you can work on an existing novel or multiple novels
– you can work on a compilation of short stories or even poems
However, for the best SoCNoC experience possible we recommend:
– you start a new novel on June 1st
– you aim to finish your novel at 50,000 words
– you aim to finish your novel by midnight on June 30th
To sign up and find out more details go to Kiwi Writers.