Nominations are now open for the 2014 Fan Fund of Australia and New Zealand (FFANZ). FFANZ in 2014 will send one New Zealand science fiction fan from New Zealand to the 2014 Australian Natcon, Continuum X, in Melbourne from 6-9 June.
Prospective candidates have until April 21st 2014 to file the documents required to have their name placed on the ballot.
The ballots will be published and distributed in late March, and voting will run from March 24th – April 21st.
Candidates should file the following documents:
- A brief letter stating one’s intent to run for FFANZ 2014.
- A nominator and a seconder, preferably a nominator from New Zealand and a seconder from Australia.
- A 100 word or less platform statement specifying the candidate’s reasons for running and qualifications for becoming the 2014 FFANZ delegate.
The duties of the winning candidate will be as follows:
- Travel to Australia and attend Continuum X, the 53rd Australian Natcon, in Melbourne from 6-9 June.
- Visit and get to know as many Australian Science Fiction fans as time will permit.
- Become the New Zealand FFANZ administrator until a replacement administrator is found, normally this happens when the administrator role is handed over to the succeeding Aussie-bound delegate (in 2016 if a race is run every year).
- Raise funds and maintain an account to be used by the next NZ delegate(s) in 2016.
- Promote connections between Australian and New Zealand fandom by a trip report or other means.
Send required documents to;
[email protected] for New Zealand fans
[email protected] for Australian fans
More information about being a fan fund delegate can be found at http://ffanz.sf.org.nz/qanda.