Presenter: Barbara Ashford
Sunday 11 December, time TBA
This workshop will explore ways to help participants add tension, drama, and power to their scenes by:
- reviewing the fundamentals of scene design–from overall shape to individual beats;
- exploring the characteristics of effective scenes and the common pitfalls that can undermine their impact;
- using changes in polarity and the answer to scene questions to analyze scene effectiveness;
- identifying inner and outer turning points in a scene and using beats to deepen characterization, conflict, and emotional turning points;
- discussing ways to hook readers and prompt them to turn the page.