Are you doing NaNoWriMo this year?
Well, you aren’t alone.
Starting in only a few hours, at 12:01 am, November 1st, writers in New Zealand will be kicking off the global National Novel Writing Month and attempting to write 50,000 words in 30 days.
We asked you, the members of SpecFicNZ, to let us know if you were participating so that we could support your efforts. Thank you so much for your response and courage in giving this novel-writing challenge a go.
Here is a list of SpecFicNZ participants and links to their NaNoWriMO projects page so you can see what they are working on and cheer them on.
1. MissusMo – 2010 is her third NaNo, with a win last year. This year she is working on the second in a series of 3 (she thinks) sci-fi spec fic novels.
2. The Mark – This is Mark’s first year doing NaNoWriMo. He is working on a sci-fi speculative fiction novel set primarily in the Otago Wilderness titled In the Cloud’s Shadow.
3. AimeeLS – This is Aimee’s first year doing NaNoWriMo. She is working on a YA speculative fiction novel featuring an anti-apocalypse boot-camp titled Peaceful Beasts.
4. MartyY – Marty has participated in NaNoWriMo once before. This year he is working on a science fiction novel titled Finding Safe Ground.
5. wombleomlette – Wombleomlette is our veteran NaNoer. This is her fourth year participating and this year she is an Municipal Liaison for New Zealand. She is working on a literary fiction novel titled Signs and Miracles.
6. Red6 – This is Red6’s third year doing NaNoWriMo. This time around he is writing a novel heavily influenced by all the recent tectonic activity in his hometown of Christchurch.
7. WritersBlockNZ – This is WritersBlockNZ’s second year doing NaNoWriMo. She is working on a YA fantasy novel titled How NOT to be a Princess.
8. Wen Baragrey – This is Wen’ second year participating in NaNoWriMo, and we’re not sure what she is working on, but we’re sure it will be good.
9. punktortoise – This is punktortoise’s first year doing NaNoWriMo, and he enters the competition with some trepidation. Be sure to cheer him on.
10. Liv Darkly – Liv Darkly, aka Ripley Patton (President of SpecFicNZ), is participating in NaNoWriMo for the first time this year and hoping to scratch out 50k more words on her current YA urban fantasy work-in-progress Ghosthand.
We’ll be sure to keep you informed throughout the month of these writers and their progress.
And if you are participating and are a member of SpecFicNZ (or get our newsletter), but aren’t on the list above, be sure to let us know so we can add you.